Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Ruby Trip - 2013

Day 10 - Thursday - July 25

View of Ruby from the airport
Slept in until around nine or almost nine.  Found that my dad hand company.  A drifter/adventurer from Germany introduced himself as Joe, AKA Jochen Kern.  I made pancakes for everyone.  
Picking blueberries
Later, Roy, the boys, and I drove out to two-mile hill to pick more blueberries and do a little target shooting.  
In the evening we had pan fried salmon and a mix of vegetables for dinner.  After dinner the river looked sunny, peaceful, and inviting, so off we went to the Melozi to fish for she-fish.  
View of the Yukon and Melozi Rivers from a gravel pit in Ruby
Jesse caught a small one on his second cast, but it was too small to keep.  I caught one that was just large enough to keep.  The others and I also caught pike that we threw back.  Besides the onset of gnats in large quantities, it was a beautiful day!



(I didn't have my camera with me on this fishing trip.  Roy has photo's and I will post them when I get copies.)

No comments:

Post a Comment